SCENARIO 7: Dark Wings, Dark Words
Deployment:10’’ from table edge.
- Place 1 Objective token in the center of the table
- Place 1 Objective token 6’’ from each Flank board edge, as shown above.
Special Rules (Mission Deck)
- This Game Mode utilizes Mission cards.
- Take 1 Mission Deck. Remove Mission cards 10-12. Shuffle the remaining cards and place the deck face-down.
- Before deployment, draw and reveal 2 Mission cards.These are the Active Missions. Then draw and reveal 2 additional Mission cards and place them neat the Active Missions. These are the Reserve Missions.
- Beginning on Round 3, at the start of each Round, discard the 2 Active Missions and replace them with the 2 Reserve Missions. Draw 2 Missions from the Mission Deck to replace the Reserve Missions. If the Mission Deck runs out of cards, shuffle all discarded Missions to form a new deck.
Special Rules (Replacing Missions)
- When a friendly NCU Claims a zone, you may replace that zone’s effect with:
- ‘‘Discard 1 Active Mission and replace it with a Reserve Mission, or discard 1 Reserve Mission, drawing a new Reserve Mission from the deck.’’
- During their Activation, your Commander may forfeit their Action. If they do, you may discard 1 Active Mission and replace it with a Reserve Mission, or discard 1 Reserve Mission, drawing a new Reserve Mission from the deck.
Special Rules (Objectives)
- A unit ending a move with its tray entirely overlapping a token Claims that token.
- A unit Controls a token it has Claimed as long as it is not engaged by an enemy Combat Unit with more remaining Ranks than it. The moment this happens it immediately stops Controlling that token.
- Solo units count as having remaining Ranks equal to their remaining Wounds for Controling and Contesting Objectives.
- Tokens that are not entirely overlapped by a unit’s tray are not Claimed and are not Controlled by any unit.
- Mission cards list various ways players can score additional Victory Points.
- Each revealed Active Mission may be scored by each player if the requirements are met.
- Beginning on Round 2, players will score 1 Victory Point for each Objective token they Control at the end of each Round.
5 Terrain Pieces
Blocks Line Of Sight