SCENARIO 7: Dark Wings, Dark Words
Deployment: SHORT RANGE each side.
- Place 1 Objective token in the center of the table.
- Each player rolls a die (re-roll ties). Whoever rolls highest will place 1 Objective token anywhere on the battlefield at least 6” (Short Range) from any Deployment Zone and other Objective tokens. Players will alternate placing Objective tokens until there are a total of 5 on the board.
- Objective tokens may not be placed on Terrain pieces with the Impassable keyword.
Special Rules (Secret Missions)
- At the beginning of the game, before Deployment, draw 3 Secret Mission cards and reveal them to all players
- Ignore all ‘‘Discard if revealed as the Open Mission’’ and ‘‘Reveal this Mission when...’’ text on Secret Mission cards. These rules are not utilized in this Game Mode.
- At the end of each round, after Victory Conditions have been checked (also meaning after Victory Points have been scored for the round), the First Player will draw 1 card from the Secret Mission Deck and replace 1 of the revealed Secret Mission cards with it.
- If a Secret Mission card instructs a player to select a Unit and/ or Objective, all players will select a Unit/Objective (and may select different Units/Objectives).
Special Rules (Objectives)
- Objectives do not innately grant any bonuses and/or Victory Points for being Controlled. They only do so if instructed by a Secret Mission.
- A unit ending a move with its tray entirely overlapping a token Claims that token.
- A unit Controls a token it has Claimed as long as it is not engaged by an enemy Combat Unit with more remaining Ranks than it. The moment this happens it immediately stops Controlling that token.
- Solo units count as having remaining Ranks equal to their remaining Wounds for Controlling and Contesting Objectives.
- Tokens that are not entirely overlapped by a unit’s tray are not Claimed and are not Controlled by any unit.
- Players must achieve +2 additional Victory Points to win this Game Mode in addition to the number based on Game Size.
- The Victory Through Combat rule is ignored for this Game Mode.
- Beginning on Round 2, players may complete revealed Secret Missions to earn the listed Victory Points. Each Secret Mission lists the rules for completing it.
- The ‘‘Score this Mission if 3 or more enemy units each have the same type of Condition token’’ mission is checked at the end of the round.
3 Terrain Pieces