SCENARIO 4: Winds of Winter
Deployment: SHORT RANGE each side.
- This mode utilizes the Secret Mission Deck.
- Place 1 Objective token in the center of the table.
- Each player rolls a die (re-roll ties).Whomever rolls highest will place 1 Objective token anywhere on the battlefield at least 6” (Short Range) from any Deployment Zone and other Objective tokens. Players will alternate placing Objective tokens until there are a total of 5 on the board.
Special Rules (Secret Missions)
- At the start of the game, before deployment, each player randomly draws 5 Secret Mission cards from the deck.
- Beginning on Round 2, at the start of each round, each player will select 1 of their Secret Mission cards and place it facedown on the table: This is the Secret Mission that player may attempt to complete this round. Each Secret Mission will list when it should be revealed and/or when you score points from it. At the end of the round, unless otherwise instructed to remain in play, the selected Secret Mission card will be discarded, whether it was completed or not.
- Beginning on Round 2, at the start of each round, draw 1 Secret Mission card and reveal it. This is known as the Open Mission. Until the end of the round, any player may score this Mission (and may score it multiple times, if applicable). Discard this Secret Mission at the end of the round.
Special Rules (NCUs and Tactics Board)
- When a friendly NCU claims the zone, you may replace that zone’s effect with:“Place any 1 Condition Token on an enemy Combat Unit, then draw 1 Secret Mission card. If you have not yet revealed a Secret Mission this round, you may then also switch your chosen Secret Mission with another from your hand.”
Special Rules (Objectives)
- Objectives do not innately grant any bonuses and/or Victory Points for being Controlled. They only do so if instructed by a Secret Mission.
- A unit ending a move with its tray entirely overlapping a token Claims that token.
- A unit Controls a token it has Claimed as long as it is not engaged by an enemy Combat Unit with more remaining Ranks than it. The moment this happens it immediately stops Controlling that token.
- Solo units count as having remaining Ranks equal to their remaining Wounds for Controlling and Contesting Objectives.
- Tokens that are not entirely overlapped by a unit’s tray are not Claimed and are not Controlled by any unit.
- Players must achieve +2 additional Victory Points to win this Game Mode in addition to the number based on Game Size.
- The Victory Through Combat rule is ignored for this Game Mode.
- Beginning on Round 2, players may complete their Secret Missions to earn Victory Points. Each Secret Mission lists the rules for completing it.
- Once a Secret Mission has been revealed and/or completed, it will be automatically discarded, unless otherwise stated in its effect.
4 Terrain Pieces
Blocks Line Of Sight